Many WordPress users want to know how they can get more traffic from Google. Traffic basically depends on SEO friendly content and indexed website with updated ping list. Your SEO friendly content is worth if it is not submitted to search engines. Submit website to Google and other search engines will help to get more traffic.
Here in this post, we will discuss that how you can submit website search engines. Search Engine basically ranks your post and provides a good amount of traffic. And by monetizing your blog or website with any ad-network you can earn money.
Every search engine has its own search engine tool where you can submit your website for indexing. This tool is for managing your website data. You can control which thing to index on your website.
Submit website to Google
Google is the first website we thought when it comes to the word internet. Google is the great search engine used by millions. It is basically a search engine as well as an informational source also. It has an Alexa rank of 1 globally. This rank proves that it is used by millions.
There are several ways to submit website to Google but I will share you the easiest method. This method is not only for WordPress users but also it is recommended to every platform.
- Type or click the URL www.google.com/webmasters on your browser.
- Now after the page opened click on sign in and sign in to your google account. If you don’t have a google account make a google account by clicking here.
- After you sign in you will find the dashboard. Just click on the add a property button and Select Website. After that enter your website address in the black area with http:// or https:// prefix added and click on add button. e.g, “https://www.infoearning.com“
- After clicking add you will find you are in the Recommended method section. Instead of using recommended section we will use Alternate methods section. So, click on the Alternate methods tab and select HTML tag. This step is taken by Google to verify that you are the exact owner of website or not. The HTML tag will just look like this.
- Now you have to insert that bit of code to your website in the <head> section on your homepage. For inserting that code you can follow this link.
- All over you just now need to click on Verify and you have prooved google that you are the owner.
Now you have learned how to submit website to google.
Submit website to Bing
You also have heard about bing search engine. It is also a popular search engine just like Google. It is the search engine provided by the famous Microsoft company which makes Windows OS. This search engine is amongst the world’s second most used search engine. It is also used by millions. So, this can provide your site millions of traffic. So, let’s submit website to bing search engine:
- The first thing you need is a Microsoft Outlook account or Facebook or Google account. If you don’t have Microsoft Outlook account you can create one using this link.
- After that open this link bing webmaster tool and sign in to it.
- Go to My sites option located at the top left of the window. It will open that how many sites you submitted to Bing.
- Just below the My sites heading there is an Add a Site section. Here add your site URL with https:// or http:// and click on the Add button. It looks like this:
- A new window will open and it will ask for sitemap here type your sitemap address. Your sitemap address will look like https://www.infoearning.com/sitemap.xml. Just replace your site name with my site name and you are ready to go.
- Now it’s time to verify your account. In the option 2 section copy the first meta tag.
- It’s time to insert the meta tag on your site. You can do this by following this link.
- After inserting meta tag on your site just click on verify button and you are ready to go. And after that, you don’t have to do anything.
You have successfully submitted your website to Bing.
There are many ways to submit website to Google and Bing websites. The simplest way to do that with or without using plugins are:
Verify Using Yoast SEO
If you are a user of Yoast SEO plugin then you can submit this code to the Yoast SEO plugin. How can you submit your site using Yoast SEO? Let’s know about it:
- Go to the admin area of your site and hover to plugins and click on Add New option.
- After opening that link, go to search bar and search for Yoast SEO.
- Select the result that has an author team Yoast. Click on install and then activate this plugin.
- After activation, you will see an SEO tab in the sidebar of your admin panel. Click on the SEO button.
- When you click that tab you will redirect to Yoast SEO dashboard. In the top of the page, there are many tabs just click on the Webmaster Tools tab.
- Now you able to see many search engine list and their verification coding blank space. Just Paste the code and click on save changes to apply the code.
Verify Using Insert Headers and Footers plugin
Insert headers and footers is the best plugin to insert codes in WordPress. It will provide you dashboard where you can enter all your codes.
To use this plugin you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Add new plugin page and search for insert headers and footers plugin. It will show you many results to install the plugin. So, just install that plugin which is authored by WPBeginner.
- Activate this plugin.
- Hover your mouse pointer to Settings and go to the Insert Headers and Footers option.
- Then paste your verification code in the “Scripts in Header” section and click on save.
Now you have pasted the code that you want.
This method is not for those who don’t know anything about HTML. So, those users who don’t know about HTML keep away from and use the above ways.
If you do anything wrong then your site may crash.
- Hover to Appearance and click on Editor option.
- Go to header.php tab to edit the header. Make sure you are not using a child theme unless it will not show you this option. If you are a user of child theme then change your theme on the left corner.
- In the header.php section search for <head> section. Below this code, you can enter your code and click on Update file button located in below the coding.
You are Successfully verified your site manually.
The verification of the site is must and we just did it by following these steps. We have successfully verified our codes.
In this tutorial we have done:
- Submit website to google
- Submit website to Bing
- Ways to insert verification code in your website.
I hope you liked this tutorial. If you liked it then make sure by clicking like button and share this blog post with your friends. You can appreciate or share your problems in the comment section below.
And if you want more topic like this then subscribe us using below form.